- If you are are interested in possible deep connections with Scottish Clans, you may check out the Clan Ewen Society, whose activities are separate but overlap with the EFA's. Clan Ewen Society also has a Google Group.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 14 July 2012 22:17
Our new EFA contributor Lars Eighner has provided useful extracts of the well-known Social Security Death Index for persons with surname Ewing, Ewings, Ewen, Ewan, etc. These should be helpful in your research involving 20th century relatives. Go to Social Security Death Index for the scoop.
Many thanks to Lars!
- Last Updated on Saturday, 07 July 2012 20:44
A year ago, Wally Ewing -- Chair of the EFA's Board of Directors -- dropped off a quantity of his Ewing family archival materials at the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. His reasons were twofold: to ensure that the materials would be in a secure and protected environment and to make them available online. The Center has started digitizing the collection and providing online access. There is much more to digitize, but this is an excellent beginning. It can be reached at www.genealogycenter.info/search_ewing.php.
- Last Updated on Monday, 21 November 2011 09:58
Allow me a few words to explain how we are doing electronic communications for the Ewing Family Association, and how you can participate.
Our e-mail system (forum) for EFA was restarted a while ago as a Google Group. The Forum has 149 members at last count. (https://groups.google.com/group/ewingfamilyassociation . Send mail to ewingfamilyassociation at googlegroups dot com . )
We have a large and multi-faceted web site at www.ewingfamilyassociation.org. It can also be used for selected member correspondence. We have had 675 distinct "visitors" in recent months. (Send contributions to webmaster at ewingfamilyassociation dot com .)
And, we have also developed a Facebook "page" that is functionally somewhere between the Forum and the web site, but reaching a rather different audience. (https://www.facebook.com/ewing.family.association ) The page has 76 "likes" and 20-60 "active users" -- whatever those numbers mean!
- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 September 2011 14:34
We at the Ewing Family Association (EFA) want to encourage the widest participation among people who are interested in the history and genealogy of Ewing-surname (and similar) families. There are many ways to join in. Here are a few:
- Browse this web site!
- Go to the EFA Facebook page: www.fb.com/ewing.family.association. As an FB member, you can "like" us and share your story there.
- Join the Association. This is our "gold standard". For annual $25 dues, you receive a subscription to our award-winning Ewing Family Journal (quarterly), and the opportunity to attend our biennial family gatherings and to help guide the work of the EFA as a voting member.
- Write for the Ewing Family Journal, work with genealogy and history projects, the web site, help organize gatherings. The sky is the limit!